1. Sweep often — at least once a week. By sticking to this routine, you can clean your floors before dirt has time to collect on the surface.
2. Unlike carpeting that collects allergens and keeps them around, hardwood floors can be easily wiped clean of dust and allergens. Keeping a Swiffer Sweeper handy can help remove pollen from your floors.
3. Accidents happen — especially spills. But if you’re prepared to clean them immediately you can prevent stain damage to your floors and grout lines.
4. Vacuuming is also an option to get your floors clean. Be sure to use a vacuum that has a setting for hardwood flooring. Or pull the plug on the vacuum altogether and use a Swiffer SweeperVac. It’s great for sucking up dirt in between grout lines missed by other traditional cleaners.
5. Make sure you’re using the right cleaner for your hardwood floors. Always look for manufacturer reassurances or hardwood specific products.
6. There’s a tool for every job, even cleaning floors. Whether dirty, dusty, sticky or muddy, selecting the right tools for the job can be the difference between just cleaning your floors and getting them cleaned the Swiffer way.
Taking these preventative steps can help you maximize on your clean and extend the life of your floors.
For a Quick Clean
Try using Swiffer WetJet Wood Starter Kit. Its solution breaks up the tough, sticky messes with ease and reveals the natural beauty of your floors with little effort. Because who needs more steps in the cleaning process anyway?
For a Deeper Clean
Give the Swiffer BISSELL Steamboost a go. Cleaning your floors regularly with asteam mop is a great strategy to cut down on the dirt you knew was there, as well as the dirt you didn’t.