1. First, it’s important to care for them on a regular basis. You can start with Swiffer Sweeper dry cloths to remove the everyday dirt and dust from the surface of your floors. Doing this can reduce the amount of scratches that grit and foot traffic can cause.
2. A good thing about laminate flooring is that it’s stain resistant. The tough surface makes it easy to clean stains you may encounter from day to day. But, it’s important to get those sticky stains before they dry. Swiffer Sweeper wet cloths have a built-in solution that breaks down tough sticky messes, so even if you miss a spot, you can clean it with little physical effort. It’s that easy.
3. Be gentle. Yes, laminate floors are as durable as vinyl floors, but certain customary techniques can be harmful to the shine. It’s important to purchase products that are safe for your floors to prevent hazing and film build up. Hazing and film attract more dirt and dust, and can ultimately lead to streaks on your floor. Swiffer WetJet is perfect for a job like this. With solutions in Open Window Fresh, Febreze Lavender Vanilla & Comfort, and GainOriginal Scent, Swiffer WetJet combines its trusted streak-free shine with Swiffer WetJet Extra Power Pads - which use the scrubbing power of Mr. CleanMagic Eraser. It’s a win-win! You get the clean you want without sacrificing your shine. Score!
4. Using water to clean your floors can be tricky. If not used the right way, it can travel and hide between the laminate boards. When that happens, your once-beautiful floors could become warped and lumpy. And that’s enough to make a grown man cry. Instead, try Swiffer BISSELL Steamboost. The steam evaporates quickly and gets rid of stubborn stains easily.
5. Always check your manufacturer’s directions to be sure you’re following the correct guidelines for maintenance. You wouldn’t want to do anything that would risk voiding your warranty.